August 27, 2010

fill in the blank friday


1. The most adventurous thing I've done is... most recently, probably riding the X2 at Six Flags Magic Mountain in LA. Vince and I got in line for it on a whim as a last ride before closing time, and had a moment of panic when vince wondered aloud "this one looks weird- i'm trying to tell what it DOES" and the kid in front of us in line says "oh, on this one you're hanging off the side of it, flip over, and go down on your face"... and then gets out of line. the sun went down, we waited in line for over an hour, and said our just-in-case i love yous and good byes...and really did strap in, hang off the side of the ride, go up backwards, flip over, and drop on our faces. i like rollercoasters...but this ride was seriously hardcore. i went home with bruises on the back of my legs and strained muscles in the backs of my knees from squeezing so hard in determination to not fall OUT. 
it. was. AWESOME.
2. If I were a pair of shoes I would be... on one foot i'd be a flip-flop.. fun, simple, and always up for nice days at the park. on the other foot probably one of my new sperry knock-offs i've wanted for months to wear when i teach. sensible, comfortable, and has a lesser likelihood of tripping me up..which i experience often. 
3. My preferred mode of digital communication is...i should say texting because i do it SO much, but its not because i particularly love it. i prefer in-person conversations, but i do like talking on the phone for important things or to vince before bed. and i do love a good email, but nobody really emails anymore.
4. I feel happiest when... i'm snuggling in the nest with vincent, when we're in the car on a lazy directionless drive, or outside anywhere when its sunny and cool out. spring + fall = outdoor hoodie weather. loves.
5. A little dream I have for my life is...to get up the courage to go teach abroad. or even study abroad, but i'd have to go back to college for that, an idea i've only recently been tossing around
6. The one modern convenience I could NOT do without it is... running water? as far as technology goes though, probably the blackberry. it's just so convenient. 
7. Music, movies, TV, or books: If I could only choose one to enjoy I would pick... books, definitely. and maybe a close second of music.

fill in the blank friday via the little things we do

4 comments:

  1. I loved my blackberry too, it got water damaged and hasn't worked since, I miss it dearly! I'm your newest follower, please follow me back at www.romanianprincess.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. just found you ... what a great way to meet you! off to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That ride sounds INTENSE! I watched the video and that was already enough for me...I'm such a scaredy cat ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicole- thanks for being my first follower EVER. :)

    Christi- yay! i've stumbled across your blog a time or two and love the vibe of it.

    carlotta- oh trust me. it WAS intense. i'll do some things like that if i have enough persuasion, but even the boyfriend was apprehensive!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Love to hear your thoughts.