September 3, 2010

fill in the blank friday


If I didn't have to work anymore I would....first, that would assume that I HAD a job..which I don't.. BUT- if it wasn't necessary that I found one, I would probably go back to school and take classes I wish I'd taken when I was so focused on just getting my degree and getting out of there. I'd also look into and actually USE the study abroad program this time, for SURE. Also, i'd want to snatch vince up and backpack all the trails and canoe all the rivers of america.  all. of em.

My favorite thing about a vacation is.... the new-ness of the whole experience. i want to make wherever i'm staying my new home- eat at new restaurants, see new things. I'm always up for a new change of pace.

When packing for a trip I....I actually try to bring as little as possible. After so many cross country flights while Vince was in california for pre-deployment training, I have gotten SOOOO much better at editing myself and bringing things that go with each other. (and it doesn't hurt knowing that it isn't the end of the world if I'm "forced" to go buy something that I forgot when I get there :P)

If I could go on a road trip with anyone  I would choose.... vince because he is always a good road trip buddy (like here);  or Shauna because even just going across town with her is an ADVENTURE, much less somewhere far away, and we would go somewhere AWESOME. with vince, I'd like to show him Boston. my dad and i went on a trip there 2 summers ago and i was in awe of the coolness of it all. vince and i also have a pact to go to alaska. with shauna, we'd go somewhere pretty with a historical aspect to it. we've gone to just about every "historical attraction" in our part of TN and recently to St. Augustine, FL which was SO NEAT. Or, I'd also be down to repeat our spring BROKE trip with my old roommate, Kate. 



My top 3 absolute travel essentials are.... comfy shoes, a book or magazines, and my camera. (and if we're flying, DRAMAMINE) 

Vacations are.... something i look forward to all the time. i like to do research and plan ones i'd like to take someday in my free time.

On vacation you must always.... see something AWESOME. i like to do plenty of research in advance and find the pretty places to see, neat places to eat, etc. i also like to just start walking in a direction and see what i can find, or pick a spot on a map and just go see whats there and what we can accidentally find along the way. 
fill in the blank friday via thelittlethingswedo



happy friday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Love to hear your thoughts.