September 18, 2010

fill in the blank friday

When I get a day to myself I like to.... make it laid back with a purpose. get up to get breakfast and take it to the park for an early morning picnic. go for a walk. take a book and go get coffee and sit outside to read. catch up on whatever awful reality tv marathon happens to be on. i'm fond of "self" days.

High school was.... decent. it was real, and it was good, but it wasn't real good.  :P  i think that's how high school is for most people, though. i had a LOT of fun, but on the other side of that scale to balance it out, there has to be a lot of 16-17 year old kid drama. i was ready to move on when the time came and transition into a new chapter.

A little dream I have is.... hmm. i really hope to eventually have made a measurable difference for some of my refugee students at the center. the day that my 70 yr old Ethiopian lady can read to me any sentence that i didn't read to her first, we will "make big party" in class, complete with homemade cookies and esl bingo, just as she likes.   
a non-dream, which is really just a little goal, is to eventually have phased my wardrobe into a "grown up" wardrobe. i have a hard time letting go of sentimental clothes, so i have drawers full of ugly clothing that i just do NOT wear, like homecoming t-shirts that all of my friends signed during spirit week (in oh, 7-12th grades), etc. i'm a "oh but i wore this that one time that thing happened!" hoarder. i need a closet/drawers revamp like whoa.

A big dream I have is... to honeymoon in ireland with the boy. oh, and to make any of the house plans we have picked out as "our house" on Better Homes and Gardens -like this one-drool, a reality before we're like, 50.

If I could drive any car my pick would be... honestly i like the car i'm driving right now. before this past christmas, i got a 2010 rav4 as a belated graduation gift. i really love it. 

A time that I felt really and truly beautiful was.... hmm. it always feels nice getting done up for something special. the marine corps ball, banquets in high school. ya tend to walk with a little extra pep in your step when a girl's got bouncy, fresh hair and wearing a fancy dress  :P

Tomorrow I will.... be spending a sunny Sunday with vince- a park date is probably in our future, and taking some colorful cupcakes to the brother, and probably taking him out to lunch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Love to hear your thoughts.