October 17, 2010

weekend ♥

i love....


via


This Saturday, I had the opportunity to work on a Habitat for Humanity house. I painted walls, doors, ceilings, and trim for over 7 hours, and have never felt so good to be sooo sore. I loved working on this special house, particularly because it is for Gatluak, the director of the Nashville International Center for Empowerment, and his family. Such a deserving family, and I love them.


via
found this while looking for pictures having to do with paint.... how fun?!  love love. 


via


1. i want these ducks.
2. painting for 7+ hours = tingling arms, tylenol PM, an ice pack at 1:30am, and a long, hot bath this afternoon.
3. i want these ducks.



via

Tomorrow I enter the adult world of employment. I'm nervous and excited...but mostly kind of nervous. I'm just not sure what to expect, and that's always the hardest part for me. All I know for sure is that at I'll be giving Kindergarten - 2nd Graders extra help in Reading and Math, that I don't know when or where I'll be doing that, and that I'm going to get lost and be "that girl" toting my map of the school around while circling the hallways. I feel like tomorrow is a first day of elementary school all over again. I would have thought that my 23-year-old self would have a better grip on handling "new things". Who was I kidding. 

eek.

1 comment:

  1. ooh thats awesome that you did that this weekend! i would love to do something like that.
    Hope you had a good "first" day at elementary school.
    i really want the rubber duckies and i think a bath tonight sounds like a super idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Love to hear your thoughts.