January 21, 2011

Fill In The Blank Friday: On a Snow Day


 My favorite quote is... "The more fun you have, the greater your value to yourself and to your society. The more fun you share with others, the more fun you have."  -The Oaqui

A bad habit I have is... leaving my clothes on the floor. As easy as it may sound to put them in the designated "already been worn--really must wash" clothing receptacle, leaving everything beside said container is what actually happens. Also, finding excuses for things. ie: "Kelli, this cheesecake really isn't as bad for you when you SPLIT it. And we'll do Zumba on Wednesday. We can sooo do this." or "I can do that thing that I really need to do right now, later. Like. Tomorrow. Or the next day. Yeah...that'd probably be even better."

The first time I felt like a "grown up" was... I think I'm still having these moments, but to different degrees each time. I felt like a "grown up" the first time I realized I didn't have to ask to go somewhere when I moved to college. I felt "grown up" when my friends and I went on Spring Break by ourselves, and I felt really "grown up" the year that I was the one to drive my roommate and I all the way to the beach. I felt a different kind of "grown up" the first night in my first apartment, putting an entertainment center together and hanging pictures on the wall with my roommate. I felt another kind of  "grown up" flying by myself and navigating airports alone for the first time across the country to go visit Vince in California on a 96.  For the most part, these are good moments :)

Weekends are... what I look forward to, usually. Not waking up at 5:15, usually getting to see boyfriend. And sometimes, when I'm really motivated, my chance to do laundry, clean a bit, and catch up on projects. Lately has just been one long weekend, though with all the snow days, and all this idle time is making me antsy, but not so much motivated, which is a yuck feeling. 

When I was a child I wished my name was... honestly- I really don't remember wishing my name was anything different. I know I had a creepy doll named Jennifer, which was originally supposed to be my name, but I think even then I preferred Megan.

I wish... I knew what else I wanted to do in life. I wish I had time and money to travel. Everywhere. I wish I had the savings and knew for sure I'd be moving up in my job to be able to move out on my own again. I wish I had a better ability to cultivate my own motivation- when it strikes, it REALLY strikes, and I will clean, organize, make things, exercise, etc for a long time.  Other times, I'll stare at the 5 empty water bottles on my desk and think of what I could do that doesn't involve collecting them and throwing them away. Like now. Hence filling this out. :)

A secret I have is... well. I think I'm learning that my eyelashes fall out when I get stressed. That's less "secret" and more "strange tidbit".  And I am waiting  to reveal a sewing project that I'm fixing after it went horribly awry last weekend!  :)




Fill in the Blank Friday
from:

3 comments:

  1. totally random: LOVE the name of your blog! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your favourite quote might just have to be my new favourite quote!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for coming by my blog! I never know if I can pull the long dress off, I think it black its the safest choice!

    Hayley
    http://www.theweekendfile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Love to hear your thoughts.