January 19, 2011

What I'm loving [Wednesday]


I am loving...

This sunset. Pretty good view out of Vince's front door, I think. 

A long weekend with boyfriend. Moving was a bit exhausting, but in between all the unpacking and heavy lifting, we spent lots of time snuggling, watching Fantastic Mr. Fox in bed, having breakfast dates, feeling incredibly domestic whilst perusing 3 furniture stores looking for a couch, having a sushi date with my friend that helped us move the heavy items out of storage, and overall enjoying being back in "our" old town.

My sweet kiddos. Though I'm having a hard time getting back in the swing of things after a week of snow, and the amount of information my students have NOT retained is a bit discouraging, it's good to be getting back in a routine. I definitely wouldn't mind another snow day though. And from the looks of the forecast around Middle Tennessee, it miiiight happen.  :)

Free laptops and a two hour field trip away from work. When presented with an opportunity to leave work, take the long way into town, pick up a free laptop for work use, then take the long way back and maybe even stop to have a leisurely lunch at Panera... the obvious choice is to seize that opportunity. 

Zumba.  Even though I could only stay for half of the class today and that half kicked my BUTT. It felt good to move. Especially since Friday we weigh in to start Biggest Loser at work... and will probably be a dark day. 

My new Somali, Burmese, Kurdish, Sudanese, Ethiopian, and Egyptian students. I won't lie, I've been dreading going back to teaching and giving up my Wednesday and Friday nights... but tonight was pretty worth it. We had lots of fun. Except for the one man who "caught a headache and a cough ache and must go home now, teacher." I suppose he didn't have as good of a time as the rest of us, learning what pronouns, verbs, muffins, and barns are. 


This week has been SO busy. Project 365 and Wreck This Wednesday have been pushed aside for the week with promises to myself of getting back in the swing of things next week. Readjusting to having a schedule and preparing to teach my kids and my grown up class has been a little slower than I'd planned. 



1 comment:

  1. Zumba is such fun! My aunt teaches a class and shows me some of the routines now and then :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Love to hear your thoughts.