April 7, 2011

awkward and awesome week

little view from our hotel in chattanooga


I'm pretty excited that the weekend is ALMOST here. I consider mostly all day tomorrow the weekend because it is jeans day, and everything is brighter and shinier on jeans day.

My week in awkward and awesome tidbits:

Awkward:
Unusual encounters on an overnight girls trip... such as being sleep-punched in the armpit, or some accidental bonding amidst a frantic exit from a scary noise-making sauna.

Awesome:
The moment my breakfast life changed when I met the Cinnamon Crunch bagel at Panera with hazelnut cream cheese.

Awkward:
The amount of laundry that I need to do, and the lack of floor space I have in my room at the moment because of that laundry.

Awesome:
Booking a neat looking hotel for me + vince for next weekend. I'm pretty excited about a tiny little vacation.

Awkward:
Upon entering the teacher's lounge at lunch, having to take a poll both yesterday AND today to determine just how long I'd been walking around with my pants unzipped.  "I saw you two hours ago. Did you notice it then?"  "No?"  "Well what about you... I just saw you 30 minutes ago."

Awesome:
After six months, I finally broke down and brought out the puppet that came with an intervention curriculum I use in small groups. I had seven very giggly kindergarteners that were incredibly excited to read books to Diz the blue dinosaur, and then "high five" him by bonking him on the head. It's the little things, I suppose.

mom's new giraffe friend named henry

brutus the dog.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness. I pretty much loved everything about this.
    But mostly? Henry the giraffe [obviously] and BRUTUUUSS! [obviously times 2] I miss that dog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Love to hear your thoughts.