August 6, 2011

You Make Me Happy: Rollercoasters!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Vince and I went on a road trip this summer to King's Island in Ohio. I'd never been to Ohio, and it was the longest road trip we've been on together. I loved it :)

We woke up super early to get on the road, drove up through KY and through Cincinnati, and straight to the park. The clouds looked a bit ominous, but the rain held off for the most part and we had a great day having our brains rattled a bit on some super awesome rides like The Beast and Flight of Fear. It was sooooo fun.  AND Vince had his very first Dippin Dots ever. After a day full of walking around, standing in line, and screaming on rides, we went to our hotel and meant to stay up long enough to hang out and enjoy our little vacation in our nice little room, but were passed out COLD in about 20 minutes.

We had a brunch date at Panera Bread before hitting the road, and made a pit stop at Eden Park in downtown Cincinnati to hang out for a while. So glad we did! This park was so interesting and HUGE. We continued on our journey home and stopped through Elizabethtown, KY as planned- I've wanted to pass through Elizabethtown since I first saw the movie, and let me say... HUGE letdown.  We did go to a random little park and sat on a swing by the lake for a bit, but I was pretty disappointed in the lack of quaint little historical downtown.

Aside from that, we had a great trip and it makes me excited to plan the next one!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. I like so much the photos......I am craving for a vacation :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful pictures! I love dippin' dots :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I just got back from a vacation with lots of roller coaster riding!! SO fun to do with the one you love!!

    found you through The CP.
    hello, I'm AmberDawn, A Happy Wife and I like your blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Love to hear your thoughts.