September 18, 2011

happy weekending

Last weekend was spent in Knoxville for family day at Vince's reserve center, and we snatched up the opportunity to relive some of our favorite times from living up there last summer.  We stayed at the same hotel he'd been put up in for 4 months last year, went to Turkey Creek to have dinner at Noodles, had a cute little outdoor breakfast date at Panera, and best of all, we went to "our" park and hung out in the cooler weather and sunshine, went on a walk around the perfect little path, sat and talked by a fountain for a while, then spread out a blanket on a picnic table and took turns reading (mostly I read) our book out loud to each other. It was such a perfect day.


I'm SO emotionally tied to the town and to that park because of everything it represents from last summer- the freedom of not having a teaching job yet, so much " just us" time that we never get anymore, the time I spent taking myself on quiet little "self dates" to have a picnic in the park or reading my book at Starbucks while Vince did his Marine thing all day, then meeting him at the hotel to get ready to go someplace for dinner... probably my favorite summer I've had, so far. I always feel so nostalgic when I think about our perfect little time spent there. 

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Oh yeah. And I have brown hair now. It's so fall :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Love to hear your thoughts.