October 7, 2011

Our little anniversary

Last Sunday was our "5 year" anniversary.
I'd brought up in conversation planning for this occasion numerous times not being met with much enthusiasm, but after some prodding, Vince let me know that he was wanting to take charge of our little love day and to plan everything. Bonus points from the beginning! All he said I'd need was my camera and tripod, clothes for being outside most of the day, my old Marines hoodie that matches his, our book, and my pink Gap zip up. I liked where this was going. 

When we woke up Sunday morning, he said that he thought we could go to Starbucks to have a little breakfast date like we used to do so often. I LOVED this idea. 
After my Cinnamon Dolce and sitting outside in the morning sun talking for a while, he suggested that we go on over to campus to take pictures in some of the spots that are iconic to when we first met (and all of which are explained in detail here) as a way to celebrate "us"-- How. Cute.  

Our first stop was Derryberry which we hoped we could break into to get in the auditorium where it all began, but when all the doors were locked, we settled just fine for the stairs we talked on that very first night.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Then we moved over to the bench that I was sitting on the day after we hung out for the first time, where he surprised me by jumping over the bench to sit next to me, and plopping a sweet little kiss on my cheek before he left.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Just for fun, we even did a little re-enactment of the time that I saw him walking towards me on campus after we FIRST met, and I went into panic mode over how awful I looked, hoping he would either not recognize me, or that I could disappear into the tall bushes beside me.

Photobucket

Next he wanted to go get a picture in front of the dorm I was living in that semester when we started dating. Lots of time spent there watching movies with my friend Kayla and quiet nights talking and getting to know each other. 

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

We went back to see if the lighting was better for one more little cheek photo.

Photobucket

We made a big eyed friend.

Photobucket

Then Vince took us home to change clothes, to the grocery store for some little foods, and then to the park for a perfect little picnic. 
We lounged on the outdoor  blanket...

Photobucket

I played with my food...

Photobucket

...got blinded by the sun...

Photobucket

...and gave Vince his gift, an ENO Doublenest hammock that we always look at when we're playing in outdoor stores.

Photobucket

I think he enjoyed it.

Photobucket
Photobucket

aaaaaand so did I...

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

After we lazed around stretched out in the sun and read our book to each other for a while, he decided it was time to make use of our old matching Marines hoodies that he insisted that I bring.

He had the idea (all on his own, might I add!) for us to recreate a couple of our old pictures together. Such a sweet idea! The one below on the left is from Spring 2007, and the one on the right is the new one. Sooo cute.

Photobucket

After we spent as much time as we could at the park, our original plan was to go back home and get ready for dinner, as he wanted to take me to a nice restaurant that we haven't been to since he planned a date for my Birthday years ago, buuuut we forgot that small towns have crazy business hours, and it was closed on Sunday...along with every other nicer restaurant. So instead, we went back to the grocery and got things to cook dinner together, which we don't do often enough. Best pasta and bread + oil home dinner date I've had in a while.  :)
Photobucket

The next night we did finally get to go to our restaurant, and had great food (albeit a rather awkward dining experience, as we were the ONLY souls in the restaurant until 10 minutes before we left).

The next morning before I left, we recreated the first photo of us from when we got back together this time around donning our super bright Volcom and Gap shirts.

Photobucket

Annnnnd that's officially the best little anniversary I've had so far. :)
I'm so impressed by all the thought that was put into everything on the day that he planned!
So sweet. I'm a lucky girl. 

2 comments:

  1. this is the cutest anniverary idea!! love. and i too love recreating pictures.. infact some friends and i did it the other week :)

    happy anniversary!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Love to hear your thoughts.