December 2, 2011

Fill in the Blank Friday 12.2.11

Holy DECEMBER. I cannot believe it is already the last month of the YEAR. I'm in a bit of a tug of war with myself between things I feel like I haven't gotten accomplished yet and things I wonder if I should carry over as goals for the new year (and starting to think ahead on some new goals worth setting!)

For now though, I'm linking up with Lauren for a Fill in the Blank Friday before I go window cling the heck out of our kitchen's bay windows :)



The holiday season is... such a magical time. Twinkle lights, happy music, decorating, thinking about doing things for others.... it's just nice. 

Snow makes me... SO HAPPY when it happens around here, because more than likely it means I'll have a paid day off of work. And that is the BEST feeling I've felt, I think. Okay, maybe that's a tad of an overshot, but I LOVE IT.  I also really wish it would snow on Christmas Day again this year. 

The best comfort food to eat when it's cold out is... hmm.  Oddly enough, my favorite favorite is a Japanese take-out order of rice, vegetables, and teriyaki chicken with the soup that it comes with that we used to get every snow day when I lived at my apartment in college.  We'd call in our order, bundle up, drive through the snow flakes to get our food, swing by the complex's vending machine to get a Sprite, then sit on the living room floor to eat and sip our soup and watch the snow before returning to snow day crafting.  Also, hot chocolate. With tons of whipped cream. Even though it isn't a food. Duh. 

Winter is the best time for... scarves, snuggles, blankets, reading books together, and craft projects. I just can't make myself be very creative when it isn't cold outside. 

I can hardly wait for... seeing if Vincent likes his gift or not. And I also can't hardly wait to get the REST of my gifting done so I don't have to stress about it. 

When it comes to holiday gifts I prefer to... give and receive something meaningful, rather than useless crap just so there is something to unwrap. Quality over quantity, for sure. 

If I were to rate my excitement about the holiday season on a scale from 1-10, I would say I am at about a... 5 or 6? I'm trying not to let myself get sad/worried that I haven't kicked into Christmas magical overdrive yet because usually it has hit me by now that the world is glowing and it is Christmas time... but I know I'll be more excited the more decorating, hot chocolate sipping, and gift making that I do. I'm feeling pretty good about having soft Christmas music playing in the shared office at work all day now, and that one of the lovely ladies disregarded fire marshall codes and strung ornaments up all around the ceiling. Makes me feel a little more warm and fuzzy! :)

Have a relaxing weekend!
:)

2 comments:

  1. Yesyesyes! Kobe rice, movies repeating on HBO, and crafting. Snow days at Saxony were the BEST. Well.. other than the paid days off. Definitely of the finer moments of senior year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love paid days off! I am used to driving in the snow because I lived in Utah, but I was talking to some people from work, and they said if it snows the whole city shuts down.

    PS-Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Love to hear your thoughts.