December 30, 2011

Fill in the Blank Friday 12.30.11 {New Years Edition}

See my answers to last year's New Years blanks here



New Years is... such a great time for a fresh start. I know it is very cliche to make a lot of empty resolutions, but I think it is a great time to reflect on the past year, think about what you'd like to accomplish in the coming year, and set a few measurable and achievable goals. 

One of my New Year's resolutions will be... to go camping more than I did last year. I was so bummed that we only went once last year, BUT we did achieve our goal of going camping once, so that was good! 

A New Year's resolution I've made in the past was to... sew at least one thing that I could be proud of, and I was pretty successful I'd say.  I've learned so much in the past year, nurtured my creative side a bit, and even had a little handmade business going for a while there. Something I never thought I could do, and I did! :) 

The most time consuming resolution I ever made was... my sewing goal, honestly. I can't even count the number of hours that I spent sewing just in the week before Christmas, much less all year.  And cumulatively, my goal to write an entry a day in my 5 year journal has been time consuming. 

This year I will be spending New Year's Eve... hopefully doing something similar to last year- Vince and I, my parents, and my brother and his best friend sat around in sweat pants and stayed up late playing board games and eating awful "New Years Food"... pigs in a blanket, cheese dip..the works. It was really fun and low key. Vince has to work late on NYE (LAME), so hopefully he can be at my house by 9 and we can just start the fun a bit late.

If I could wish one thing for my new year it would be... to be a year of good health. Obviously the usual goal of being more active and making smarter food choices, but outside of that- it was scary when mom had her heart issues earlier this month, and it put some things in perspective. I wish for a year of good health for everyone that I love. 

2012 is going to be... a transition year. I can feel it. My job will be ending in June, so I'll be at a crossroads of "what-ifs" this summer. One way of things working out could lead to a re-evaluation of my career, and another could lead to a full teaching job and moving back out and into an apartment of my own. Vince will be applying for co-op internships this semester, which has a possibility of taking him somewhere new (and possibly far away from me) this summer or next fall. I will be adjusting to living the more active lifestyle that I've put off for too long. The world is supposed to end.... ? Ha. Aside from that last part, this year really should be interesting and so full of change.

Happy Friday, friends!
I cannot BELIEVE how this week has flown by.
What goals do you have for the new year?

4 comments:

  1. I've never gone camping but I kind of secretly want to haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love camping, but I haven't been camping in a few years. We're hoping my husband's family will get together for another camping weekend in the summer so we can join them this year. Hope you are able to meet your goal of camping more this year!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dad has had quite a road with heart issues the last few years and it has definitely put things into perspective for me! I need to get on the being active bandwagon. Maybe I will take a cue from you and start hiking more. I live in Utah for pete's sake- plenty of mountains within 15 minutes of me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Love to hear your thoughts.