December 20, 2011

Happy Time: A Morning Hike

Last year one of the goals that Vince and I set for the new year was to hike more, and assuming that we would have more free time, we set our goal low at 10 miles, and that "anything more than that is just an added bonus." 

A year later, here we are, mid-December, and we realized that we had only hiked 9.5 miles {like here and here}... just a half mile shy of our goal. We decided to get up at a decent time and knock out that half mile (and a little more) on the Deer Trail at Long Hunter State Park. It was such a pretty, short, easy little hike. 

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I kind of think every week should be started off by a Monday morning hike. 

PS. What's all that cuteness happening on my head you ask? I hate that the flower isn't showing in either of these pictures, but it is this adorable headband/earwarmer by susannahbean (shop, blog) that I bought myself for Christmas last year.
Just thought you should know.  ;)

1 comment:

  1. I love hiking! I like the goal you two made to do 10 miles. I wish there were more places to hike around Dallas bc I would totally make this a goal too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Love to hear your thoughts.