January 23, 2012

Dear Monday 1.23.12

Play along and link up some little Dear Monday letters of your own below!

Photobucket

Dear Monday, Hello. You mean the start of one week closer to Spring Break.  I'm sorry that that's why you excite me today, but it is true. That, and I was woken up to thunder, lightening, and a torrential downpour around 2am, so I'm a wee bit tired this morning, and my sinuses are on the fritz, so I'm also a wee bit blah.  7 more weeks till SPRING BREAK! 

Dear Phone Anxiety,  You and I used to be like two peas in a pod. Calling people that I don't know that well to talk about things on the phone for an awkward length of time? Shudder.  But since having to make 25 phone calls last week to parents of some kiddos at my school to offer after school math tudoring, I'm pretty sure that I don't even know what phone anxiety IS anymore.  And that's probably a good thing. Annnd a step to me actually growing up and acting my age. I blame the ease of text for making phone calls just so darn strange. 

Dear Fruit Flush, You were the not fun part of 3 of my days last week. I never want another crappy protein shake or Olive Garden to-go salad ever ever again. And I don't think I'll be eating mass quantities of apples and grapes for a little while, either.  But hey- I was in a pinch and lost 6 pounds before my check-in to stay on free insurance! Now that that's over, I can resume losing weight the RIGHT way. 

Dear Superhero Boyfriend,  Do you realize how proud I am of you for hitting your weigh-in goal at Drill this weekend??  That has been looming over your head for so long, and you did it (and more!). And I'm also proud that I'm dating a guy that will leave his hotel room close to midnight to go rescue a guy from your fire team, help change his tire, and make sure he gets to drill safely so you can both be up at 5am to start your day.  You are fantastic.  What is not fantastic is that I did not see you this weekend.  We have a long-standing BEAR HUG happening in T minus 5 days. Ok? Ok. 

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've got a keeper of a guy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, 6lbs in...how long? I'm assuming it's an all-fruit diet? You crazy gal!

    Happy Monday! Glad you're safe too. =)

    xoxo,
    megs [at] Shine On

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzers 6ibs! Amazing. Hopefully you don't hold a grudge against fruit for to long - but a little bit is understandable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the 6lbs! I love the idea of writing a letter on Mondays, I will have to try this out!

    I just found your blog today! I would love for you to check out mine and follow back! :)

    bmaryandblessed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh these are fun to read. what a great series idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Love to hear your thoughts.