February 9, 2012

Thursday Thoughts

linking up with sar over at life of love

One. Maaaan, have I appreciated this day off work?!  I've slept in and laid in bed for an extra hour just staring at the ceiling thinking about nothing while checking Pinterest on my phone, gotten my hair trimmed up so I feel like a person again (as opposed to the shaggy dog I was beginning to resemble), bought a bunch of random crap at Target, caught up on Ink Master, and been generally lazy.

Two. Yesterday's work day was darn near perfect. We had a half student day, a Jump Rope for Heart demonstration, and after the kiddos left, we ate some of the BEST barbeque at Big Bad Wolf and got frozen yogurt afterwards to take back to work while we finished up little craft projects until it was time to leave. I'm pretty sure every Wednesday should go exactly like that.

Photobucket

Three.  I started after school math tutoring this week for 4th and 5th graders. I feel like I have a lot of planning to do, but I'm glad to get the experience and some freedom to do things how I want to. Not loving leaving school at normal working people hours... 5pm.  *shudder*   I've gotten so spoiled by being out of work and home by 2:45 every day.

Four. Vincent has drill this weekend, so I will have lots of down time for lesson planning, laundry washing, and craft projecting. I am mucho sad about not having best friend time this week, though.

Five. I realllllyyyy hope the motivation bug hits me soon to use that nifty sewing machine mom got me for Christmas.  I keep buying pretty fabric, then not doing anything with it! I have a problem.

Six. I wish the weather would make up its mind, already! Give me a few snow days, then be partly cloudy and 75!! This in between just plain cold stuff isn't working for me.  I'm ready to frolic!

Happy almost weekend!

7 comments:

  1. I love buying random crap from Target. It's so addicting!

    I am a SUPER beginning sewing, and I used this pattern I found on Pinterest to make aprons for friends for Christmas: http://www.thedatingdivas.com/kristen/flirty-apron-tutorial/

    It's amazing and super easy to do for a beginning, plus it's definitely screaming "I need cute fabric!" so you can use yours up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So cute! I even have that exact black and white damask fabric that I made some zippered pouch wristlets out of for my friend to give as bridesmaid gifts. I've been sewing for over a year, but I think I just had so many custom orders I had to fill last year that I see it as work now and not relaxing.. I need to stop thinking that!

      Delete
  2. The weather has been so weird this past year! I live in Minnesota and we didn't even get to do any winter stuff this year..everything is just off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As soon as I mentioned the unseasonably weird weather, we've had a couple COLD days. The high today is like, 30. Granted, Tennessee isn't as harsh as Minnesota! We have a "dusting" of snow and the whole state shuts down. haha!

      Delete
  3. There's a word for people like us that just buy, buy and buy lots of fabric and don't do anything with it....Fabri-holics! ;-) hehehe I also like to think of it as building a big enough fabric stash to where I can "shop" out of my own fabric supply ;-) One can dream, right?! I'm dying to see the sewing projects you do! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly- I see every cute things and dream up all the things it could be used for...and then just SAVE it. In a pile. Untouched. Wha?! I have GOT to get back into the swing of thinking that sewing is relaxing! How are your projects lately?! :)

      Delete
  4. This weather has been totally crazy recently!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Love to hear your thoughts.