March 19, 2012

Dear Monday 3.19.12

Write some Dear Monday letters of your own and link them up below! 
Photobucket

Dear Monday, Today you mean one more week off of work.  I love this so much, but I'm already realizing how soon I'll be back in the saddle again working toward the home stretch of TCAP and then summer break. I just cannot comprehend how FAST everything is flying by.

Dear First 4 Days of Spring Break, After Vincent and I returned from our camping trip, I literally spent 3.5 days posted up on the couch with a wedding magazine or my laptop with Pinterest pulled up on my lap. Part of me regrets having spent those days so sedentarily and "wasting" some of my break, but when else am I ever going to have a first week of being engaged and getting to be excited to look at this stuff? Never.

Dear Wild Turkeys, I've always wondered what it would be like to live on a farm..in a suburban neighborhood. I had never experienced waking up and opening my blinds to find a flock of you sauntering around in my front yard and taking a stroll around the cul-de-sac. You showed up and loved our next door neighbor first because she fed you, but now that my mom also throws corn at you to win your affections, I feel like you'll be staying around for quite some time.

Photobucket

Dear Major Spring Cleaning De-Cluttering Days, Whoa. I have allowed myself to toss and Goodwill more than I ever imagined. I'm a self proclaimed small-time hoarder. I keep things, but I hide them away so they aren't in the way. Like how I had 16 college binders and notebooks on a shelf underneath my desk, or pairs upon pairs of shoes from junior high... and as of the past few days, I've whittled all that college stuff down to 2 (TWO) 3-in binders and have a whole box of shoes ready for Goodwill. I've learned the difference between just reorganizing useless stuff so it is smaller and prettier, and the good feeling of actual SPACE and less junk.

Dear Love, I'm not a fan of weekends that you have drill from Thursday to Monday and I only get to text you 3 times and talk to you once. There was once a time when I was very used to not talking to you for weeks on end, but I realized very violently this weekend that I'd forgotten how to be used to it even for a few days since it hasn't happened in so long! Guh-ross. Only 2 more months of drill weekends left. While part of me looks forward to when its over, part of me knows we'll both miss it sometimes.  PS, hurry up and come home so I can come over and use your washer and dryer. Ours being broken means very sad things about what I'm left wearing. And yes... re-wearing.

Happy Monday!
How will your week be?




Also, this week I linked up with Meg for Mingle Monday. :)

10 comments:

  1. haha good luck with your laundry tribulations! and way to go on decluttering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are great. I love that you curled up with wedding magazines. I bet you're going Pinterest-crazy too! Totally deserved. =)

    Keep Shining,
    Meghan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for mingling today! Your blog is too cute, girlfriend!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those wild turkeys are crazy! I have never seen so many in one place at one time - let alone a suburb neighbourhood. I would have loved to chase them around, in a loving way of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chasing them in a loving way... I LOVE THIS. bahaha! They come to hang out every day and puff up their tails and look like Thanksgiving. Its so strange!

      Delete
  5. Visiting from Mingle Monday! Haha the turkeys are too funny. They're ALL over the base where we live and I find it funny to see them just everything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY more days off!! ENJOY <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopping by from Mingle Monday! I am sooo jealous that you're already on Spring Break--mine starts once this week is over and I can't wait! Don't worry about "wasting" your break....you totally deserve it! No regrets :) Really glad that I stopped by your blog!
    Happy Monday!
    Jenn @ Going the Distance

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you de-cluttering! It's so hard to get rid of stuff - I always ask myself will I need or want this someday and that is hard to answer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never commented on this, oops...sorry!!!!

    Wild turkeys sound interesting to have running around everywhere!! Who cares about 'wasting' your break?? Wedding planning is more fun :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Love to hear your thoughts.