April 2, 2012

Dear Monday 4.2.12

Link up some Dear Monday letters of your own below!
Photobucket

Dear Monday, I can't believe I'm saying hello to you again. And in APRIL no less. I know that everyone out there right now seems to be saying "Whaaat? It is APRIL already?", but for real- I cannot believe how fast this school year has flown by. It kinda freaks me out. Just yesterday we were finishing getting everything ready before the students came back from summer, and I was telling myself "don't wish away the next 10 months- it will fly by, and then your easy job will come to an end"... and here we are. The last couple weeks before the kiddos take TCAP and then my "year" really is over... sldkfjslakdf ?!!  Wow.

Dear Treat Yo' Self Weekend, Since Vince had to work most of the weekend, I made the most of my alone time by A.) taking 2 (TWO) bubble baths, B.) taking myself on a Panera breakfast date (complete with a Cinnamon Crunch bagel (as always), Acai Berry Tea, and plenty of morning sunshine while I sat at my table outside and read a book, C.) going on a looonngggg 2.5ish mile walk (because shin splints will get ya when you try to jog on hard sidewalk for the first time in FOREVER, and then you'll find yourself limping to the kiddie play area with the covered shelter and bench until everything in your lower legs uncramps), D.) making recipes from Pinterest, and E.) spending LOTS of time reading a book, which I never seem to have time to do anymore.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

These little sandwiches were found here and they are AMAZING.

Photobucket


Dear Tutoring Group, This week and next are the last 4 sessions that we'll be meeting... I hope that you absorb all of the knowledge in 4th and 5th grade math that I'm trying to dump on you so that you rock that TCAP, and grow some confidence for the rest of your math careers. I know how AWFUL I was at math from 3rd grade through (let's face it) high school... and how much I hated every bit of it- but maybe that's why I understand so much of where you're coming from and why you think everything is confusing. There was a time when I did, too. Good news- there is hope for you in this world. I am now TEACHING the very math that blew my mind so many years ago.

Dear Love, I very much enjoyed going to visit you on Friday after work. I also enjoyed going to Blockbuster to rent movies like in the old days, going out for giant fishbowls of cold adult beverages, trying a new breakfast spot, and enjoying Sunny Saturday Sundaes from Sonic with you before I left. You are fun, and I like it :)

Photobucket

Happy Monday!
What do you have coming up this week?

9 comments:

  1. I'm with you, this year has flown by! How in the world is it already April?

    Looks like you made the best of your alone time this weekend. 2 bubble baths & panera, what a treat :)

    Hope you have a fabulous week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow- you had a FABulous weekend! good for you girly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It. is. ridiculous that it's already April! I hear ya! Like I was saying in my post...I wrote 3 for March instead of 4 for April at first for my blog title. I'm still in denial! LOL!

    After you said I should buy a "treat myself" iPhone, and now your Treat Yo' Self Weekend...now I want a weekend like that! haha! Looks like you had an amazing time! Sorry Vincent had to work most of the time.

    HAPPY MONDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe you still have a Blockbuster! They have been shutting them down all over the place recently. Lucky you! Have an awesome week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only one I know of around here is an hour away where my fiance lives... and I think maybe his little home town which is an hour and a half away in the opposite direction.. I just LOVE going there and picking out movies the old fashioned way instead of having them on the computer or DVR! Reminds me of my childhood!

      Delete
  5. Happy Monday, lovey! Love that you had a 'me' weekend...I love those, and am very much looking forward to one this weekend!

    XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to link up to this one day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i absolutely adore these posts. thank you so much for providing a way to help me appreciate my mondays! :) i'm excited to link up next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So excited for your little Monday Letters ! That's exactly why I started Dear Monday... that day just gets such a bad reputation.. haha! Thank you for reading and for the sweet words! :)

      Delete

Thanks for reading. Love to hear your thoughts.