April 13, 2012

fill in the blank friday 4.13



Today is a good day because... I'm choosing not to buy into the whole Friday the 13th thing. ;)  AND because yesterday was my last day of after school math tutoring AND I went with a friend from work to see the Hunger Games... for my 3rd time. Oh, and tonight, I should be getting my urban life on and taking the TRAIN downtown to go out with a friend. This is a first for me on a couple levels. 

The best thing I did all week was... surprise my fourth and fifth grade friends with teeny cupcakes and "TCAP Survival Kit" gift bags of brain mints, smarties, #2 pencils, cap erasers, and their own sets of multiplication flash cards. The kid that came out to help me carry things in from my car said, "Man. These are even better than the cupcakes." Ha!

The current weather is... sunny and chillier than it has been  and it makes me feel refreshed, yet I'd gotten used to my toes not being cold in sandals. It is supposed to warm back up over the next couple days though! All this sunshine makes me wanna go all Katniss and frolic in a wooded area. 

The best thing about spring is... how darn happy the world looks when trees are covered in bright green leaves. And I love the first week of flip-flop weather, later sunsets, and the feeling of guilt associated with NOT spending time at the park 24/7, so naturally I try to go more often.

A fashion trend that I'm dying to try out for spring is... well, there really isn't a "trend" I want to "try out", but I'm making a point of incorporating more maxi skirts/dresses and happier colors.. like aqua/turquoise. 

A person who made me smile this week was... I smile all the time... but I think the most smiles came from a text conversation with Vince about how I should go about dressing like Kesha-with-a-dollar-sign for tonight's tentative outing by getting "sick and sexified" in my old fuzzy platform boots.  His words. Ps, these things would NEVER. HAPPEN.

The most delicious thing I ate all week was... Probably the barbeque baked potato from Witts that was the size. of. my head. Or the FREE popcorn at the Hunger Games last night. Food coated in "free" always tastes better. 

What're you doing this weekend?
And are you as mystified by public transportation as I am??
Only ever living in the suburbs has done this to me. 

5 comments:

  1. I didn't even realize it was Friday the 13th till this morning when I woke up and started reading blogs. I think there is something like 4 of them this year isn't there? Anyway, I'm going to have a good day too & totally NOT buy into all the hyped :)

    It's been cooler here in KY the last few days too. I think we are supposed to hit 80 again on Sunday though!

    Have an awesome weekend my friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, i bet your kiddos loved the cupcakes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Hunger Games! Worth seeing three times. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Free food is absolutely the best.

    I would like to give Maxi dresses/skirts a spin as well. I don't even own any, so I will have to see what I can find out there.

    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love turquoise - I'm so excited to bring it out again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Love to hear your thoughts.