April 27, 2012

fill in the blank friday 4.27.12


Linking up with The Little Things We Do

When I wake up in the morning, the first thing I do is... unplug my phone and read through my facebook newsfeed and twitter to wake up my eyes. If I don't read something IMMEDIATELY I will absolutely fall back asleep. 

I can hardly wait for... TCAP to be over, though yesterday wasn't bad. I have a MUCH less needy read-aloud group this year; just 8 third graders. We take loooots of wiggle breaks to get back in "the zone".

The quickest way to my heart is... laughter  because  I prefer to do that ALL DAY if I can.

A little known fact about me is that...   my eyelashes fall out if I get REALLY stressed. I know hard times are afoot when I have a dusting of them on my cheeks. 

The best part about my job is...   all the people I get to talk to every day. I share an office with 4 other women and our room is the BEST room. Everyone comes to hide out with us. That, and I enjoy my students that I work with. Since I'm not an actual classroom teacher just yet, I get to work with kids from K to 5th grade and can get to know them better than if I was stressed out and crazy and had to teach a whole class all day. I'm soaking this in while I can.

Something I just couldn't live without is...   shampoo. I don't care where I am, what is going on, how big of a rush I'm in, what steps I have to skip... I just have to have clean hair. The end.

Something useful that I wish I knew how to do is...  web design. For the simple fact that it would just be fun. 


*****

Happy Friday, friends!  How has your week been? I feel like mine has been busy- celebrated my Mom's birthday on Wednesday, been rushing around at work getting ready for TCAP, had my nose buried in my Kindle all week... its been a good one though! 

3 comments:

  1. I do the same thing in the morning!! And I love the new header.

    xox!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is something about having clean hair that just makes you feel good!
    And I have to agree on the laughter aspect - my husband has actually gotten jealous over men that i find funny, because he knows how much I love to laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your eyelashes fall out? Never heard of that before!
    I wish I knew web design too :(
    Happy Weekend Friend

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Love to hear your thoughts.