April 5, 2012

Thursday Thoughts



One. Have you tried roasted broccoli? Can I tell you how much of a life changing experience it is? I've never loved broccoli so much, and I'm a pretty big broccoli fan. I altered this recipe from Pinterest a little bit- I just sprinkled some olive oil over the top along with some kosher salt and pepper, squished up some garlic a little bit and placed it in a dispersed fashion amongst the broccoli (so the aromas disperse? or something?) and stuck it in the oven on 425 for 20 minutes. After cooking, I left the parmesan cheese sprinklings off of mine, but mom and dad were both fans of adding it.  Seriously. SO GOOD.


Two. What's up with getting a cold the DAY BEFORE a 3 day weekend?! Maybe these feelings are just allergies, but however you slice it, post nasal drip and sinus drainage aren't becoming on anyone.

Three. My little 4th and 5th grade friends from my tutoring group took their math follow-up post tests today... EVERY single one of them made gains, one of them even by 37 points! So proud of those little kiddos.

Four. I have tomorrow off of work, Vince will be heading here soon, and my brother is coming home from college for the weekend. These things make thought number two from above that much more irritating.

Five. I'm considering maybe entering the realm of making a vlog. Now accepting ideas.


Happy Thursday!
Help a girl out- what are your tried and true cold remedies?

10 comments:

  1. Mmm, broccoli! My fave!

    For your vlog, I suggest finding some sort of list of questions you can answer, or tell funny facts about yourself. When you have something to talk about, it's fun. I hate vlogs that just seem to ramble and don't make much sense, and last 10 minutes but don't really SAY anything.

    Good luck! Can't wait to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found that recipe earlier this year and loved it too! And I made it for my family and some friends and my sister's roommate called me after to ask for the recipe! It's universally good. :) Hope you feel better soon! Take some vitamin c!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have only done 1 vlog - it was fun though! :) it was an accent vlog - you can check it out here (w/ instructions): http://mrcandmeblog.wordpress.com/2012/01/20/accent-vlog/

    p.s. broccoli that way is so good! even better is kale (aka "kale chips") and brussels sprouts! yummmm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that broccoli looks so amazing! I definitely need to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the broccoli! So tasty, I too skipped the cheese - it was too rich! A Vlog would be so fun - can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  6. eek hope you feel better!

    I think you should definitely do a vlog! Maybe you can answer reader questions?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I heart broccoli, it's one of my fave foods. Definitely gonna give this recipe a try!

    Sorry to hear about your cold/allergies. I've been battling them now for 2 weeks. It's about to get the best of me.

    Have a nice weekend friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. BOO about the cold :-( I hope it's just allergies for you too! Mine have been going NUTS and I've NEVER had a problem with them before...so I'm thinkin' it's gotta be allergies! haha!

    Love the idea of you doing a vlog. I'm too scared to make one, but I KNOW that I will ramble lol. Doesn't make for good vlog material lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay Vlog! Do it! And I agree with Sar, answer questions or focus on some sort of list (Top 5, etc.). =)

    Keep Shining,
    Meghan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Love to hear your thoughts.