May 4, 2012

Coffee Mug Swap!


Photobucket

Back in March, I signed up over at Susan's blog, Suzels Says, to get paired up to swap coffee mugs with a fellow blogger. I thought this was SUCH a cute idea, and had JUST missed out on a mug swap via another blog and was a little bit sad about it, so I just went for it and sent in my information, expecting to get paired up with someone random. I was happily surprised when I got an email pairing me up with the super sweet Meghan from Shine On! We'd both been following each other in blogland for quite a while, and knew we both live near Nashville, so this was crazy convenient. 

Meghan suggested doing our swap in person, and after a couple busy work weeks, we finally carved out some time on Monday to meet up at Starbucks to swap our little mugs! My few moments of paranoid stranger danger and blind-date feelings dissolved as soon as she walked up to my table, and we sat outside and talked for the longest time, and it was so great! I love when potentially awkward events aren't awkward at ALL.  Haha! 

This is the first time I've met a blog friend in real life- it is so interesting "meeting" someone, yet knowing all these things about them like you were there when they happened! I couldn't have asked for it to have gone any smoother.  :)  It was nice to just skip all the "get to know you" business and launch right into conversations of what we already knew we could talk about!

And guess what?!  I got some adorable as HECK stuff out of the deal!  My heart goes pitter-patter for all things owl right now, and Meghan got me the CUTEST owl mug, tissues, and the most adorable wine glass charms!  

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


Loved participating in this mug swap so much!  

Head on over to Meghan's blog, Shine On, if you don't follow her already and read up while she's on her little vacation at home in Washington, and drop by Susan's cute little blog, Suzels Says while you're at it too!


Happy FRIDAY, ya'll! 

4 comments:

  1. Sounds fun and love the adorable-ness of it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this exact same mug and LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS IS AWESOME! I never in a million of years thought this little mug swap of mine would have literally brought two people together! Made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww! That is a cute mug!

    I am hosting another mug swap on my blog for Suz while she takes a break :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Love to hear your thoughts.