June 18, 2012

Dear Monday 6.18.12

Go write some little Dear Monday letters on your blog, and link them up below!

Photobucket

Dear Monday,  Helloooo new week. I love waking up whenever the sun wants me to on a Monday morning. This week will be full of LOTS more work on my classroom, two common core inservices, and one night of drinks to say goodbye to a wonderful teacher, to say yay for me, and to say happy birthday to a couple friends who's birthdays fall in the summer. 

Dear Classroom, You are coming along, sloooowly but surely. Today I'm going to start painting bookshelves and start hanging my math word wall. A little bit of happy fabric and bulletin board border goes a longggg way. 

Photobucket

Photobucket
Not my real desk, and an unpainted bookshelf. 

Dear Classroom Library, You just showed up on a table one day. It took me all the way through 2012 and most of the way through Baby Mama to look at you and sort you into book baskets, but I feel accomplished now and I actually know what books I have. I love books and will always feel like I need MORE! ...except I don't need more copies of The Whipping Boy. I have 47 of those that I don't know what to do with..?

Photobucket Photobucket

Dear Classroom Mascot, I'm excited to let the kids name you, and mayyyybe let them take you home and write about what you did in your take-home journal. 

Photobucket

Dear Readers, Have you ever noticed one of my faithful Dear Monday participants and followers, Ashley from Celebrating Life as an Army Wife? Yes? Well, did you know that she has started a puzzle piece adoption fund to help her little family adopt? For $5 you can buy a puzzle piece that will have your name on it, and they plan to write your name on the piece, put the puzzle together, and hang it in the baby's nursery. Neat right?! If you feel like helping out, you can read up on their adoption blog [Here] and buy your piece on the fundraiser site [Here]

Dear Vincent, Thanks for coming to my classroom to push things around with your man strength. And speaking of man strength, thanks for helping Danny carry my washer and dryer out of your apartment. That was helpful. Two more weekends till we can go see that wedding venue we reallllllly hope is perfect! 

Happy MONDAY, friends!
Link up some little letters below!

7 comments:

  1. sooo exciting to see your classroom start to get put together!! when I was a kid we had George & Martha puppets (remember those books) and every kid got a chance to be in the "hot seat" for a week where they got to take them home, do a poster of your life to that point, and a life size poster of yourself that somebody traces for you. Each kid got to be the first in line all week and on the last day sat in the 'hot seat' where everyone went around and said one nice thing to you. We LOVED it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh I've not read the Whipping Boy in years!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors of your bulletin boards! Your classroom will be so cute, I'm sure! :) Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for mentioning our fundraiser! We can not thank you enough for helping us spread the word!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking at these pictures reminds me of when I helped one of my best friends set up her classroom for her 8th graders last year. It was a lot of work, but at the end of the day it was definitely worth it. And I love the idea of the classroom mascot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had that same calendar in my classroom!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Love to hear your thoughts.