April 26, 2014

A long time coming

Hello.

It sure has been a while, hasn’t it?  I may have underestimated how busy my life would be as a teacher, as evidenced by the fact that I have constructed exactly one blog post (excluding a couple that were only photos) since oh, you know, 2012.   Holy frijoles.

A few things have changed since the last time I was here. For one thing, I’m married now, which I think is pretty neat. This means that I see Vince considerably more often than I used to now that we share a little apartment that we’re still trying to make our own. Having a boy roommate has been interesting, to say the least.

I moved up to third grade and kept a few of my second graders from last year, and this year has been a doozy. Partially due to the fact that I was in full-fledged wedding planning mode the first 9 weeks of the school year, but man, third grade is no joke, friends. Snicker if you want- this year has forced some serious personal growth on myself and my class of little humans. 

This brings me to why I drifted back here. The school year is coming to a close. I have a little more time on my hands and a little more free space in my brain. We’ve been told that instead of all 6 of us third grade teachers teaching 4 state-tested subjects all day, every day to the same group of kids, next year our team will be departmentalized and I’ll only have to teach 2 subjects. This is a huge relief and I predict next year will be a bit less physically, mentally, and emotionally taxing.  This past year has left me feeling a lot less “me”, and more like a shell of myself- devoting ALL of my time - weekdays, weeknights, and far too many weekends- stressing over my job. I’m ready to tap back into a sense of self- having a balance between work, play, creativity, and quality time with those I love. I want to regain a sense of feeling more present in my days. Along with this, I hope to visit my little corner of the internet again, catching up on some of the big happenings of the past two years and documenting the events to come.  I’ve missed it.

Also, why "Sun and Leaves", you ask?  To cultivate those feelings of reconnection and happiness, this space needed a new name that accurately describes where I'm happiest and most "me"- outside with my loves,  amongst the sun and the leaves.

1 comment:

  1. AHHH!

    I just did a double take. Wasn't expecting this! Excited!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Love to hear your thoughts.